Monday 17 May 2010

duplicateMovieClip.... where did you go?

OR ... there really is no duplicateMovieClip in AS3. So where do you go and what do you do? I used this alot in AS2, great for developing organic animations and out of synch, natural effects. so I was a little lost in the beginning. Thankfully there are lots of far more talented people than me about so stand on the shoulders of giants to help you go further.

There are many options like this from ~ Senocular ~.  The I came across this at ~ Mr. Doob ~ So clean and simple. I really like it, although it duplicates objects/swf's from outside your file, for me not a problem. You just have to keep your assets in good order. He has some great lab works to play with as well.

If you search there are many ways round it, seems a shame to lose such a useful tool, but I guess its out shone by everything else that AS3 has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment